Isabell Doolette lived in Colonel Light Gardens for over 40 years and her son attended CLGPS. She passed away in 2010, aged 106. Isabell was very active in volunteer work and spent many years volunteering with the local Mothers’ and babies association and the Red Cross for which she received community recognition.
This learning area is named after William Ranson Mortlock. William Mortlock arrived in South Australia from England in 1843. He helped establish successful grazing methods in low-rainfall areas and owned substantial rural holdings as well as smaller properties such as Grange Farm, where the eastern section of Colonel Light Gardens is located.
This unit is named after Charles Reade. South Australia appointed Charles Reade as the first official Town Planner in 1918. He drew up plans for an Adelaide garden suburb, initially with a working title of Mitcham Garden Suburb before being officially named Colonel Light Gardens.
This building is named after Grange Farm. This farm was primarily used for growing hay and was bounded by Springbank Rd, Goodwood Rd, Grange Rd and View St. It had a number of owners before ownership was purchased by the Mortlock Family.
The hall is named after Gil Langley. Gil Langley lived in East Parkway, Colonel Light Gardens and attended Colonel Light Gardens Primary School. He was an Australian Test cricketer, played football with Sturt Football Club and was a Member of Parliament, serving as Speaker of the South Australian House of Assembly.